Thursday, February 9, 2012

a in h1 in Navigation

If you're an avid web designer, you've probably heard about the <h1> as logo vs. main heading debate. I personally take the side of heading. The way I get around it is I wrap the item to the current page in my navigation, which is an unordered list <ul>, with <h1> tags. For visualization:

<ul>
<li><a href="...">Page 1</a></li>
<li><h1>Current Page</h1></li>
<li><a href="...">Page ... and so on, you get the point.

Anyway, I usually don't make my current page an anchor, so it doesn't really present a problem. For link.nyo.me, though, I decided to make it one mainly because I won't be using indexed pagination. However, when I did, the anchor inherited the styles of the other anchors:


I had to explicitly set the styles of h1 a and even make it !important to fix it.

T.I.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment